TNDLPT (Tandy compatible Parallel Sound Card)
Adds TANDY compatible sound to your MS-DOS computer via the Parallel Port.
TNDLPT is a parallel port sound card that uses the SN76489 soundchip.
Please find the instructions here.
This sound card is available as a solder kit, and as a fully tested presoldered board.
It takes approximately 1 hour to solder the kit.
TNDLPT features :
– SN76489AN soundchip
– USB powered high quality black color PCB
– mono headphone amplifier
– edge wheel control of amplifier volume
– button to mute the sound
– microprocessor controlled demuting logic.
TNDLPT requires :
– a stable 5V voltage supply through mini USB connector
– power consumption : approx 70mA
– suitable software (see below)
TNDLPT is supported by the following software :
– TNDLPT DOS software suite : https://github.com/pdewacht/tndlpt/release
– TNDreset.exe : utility to unmute the TNDLPT
– TNDLPT.com : TSR to add TNDLPT support to games that support tandy music.
– SBVGM : VGM player supporting TNDLPT : http://www.oplx.com/code/
This product is sold in two forms
- Without Case – This is cheaper, and works just fine.
- With Case – A little more expensive but has a nice-looking and protective case included.
If you are located in Europe, please buy this product from https://www.serdashop.com/
No Case, With Case