It’s finally here! Petscii Robots for Apple II is available. You can find it here:
To answer some of the common questions about it:
- It requires 64K, but has a few extra features with 128K.
- Supports MockingBoard, yes, it has been confirmed to work on several clones and also the new internal version for the Apple IIc.
- Distributed on 5.25″ floppy. But digital download also includes a 3.5″ image.
- SNES controllers are supported, but requires additional hardware not supplied with the game. Watch here for updates – http://lukazi.blogspot.com/
- The IIgs version isn’t available just yet. However, don’t let that stop you from buying a copy. The box and manual were designed for both versions. When the IIgs version is available, you’ll be able to buy just the disk to add to your box.
- Feel free to ask any questions on the Petscii Robots facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/975620876261750
Hey, there! Nice meeting you Saturday and getting the C64 version from you! Thanks for signing my box too!
I have a IIGS – is there any way I can buy just the disk from you when it’s released? I might also be able to help you test it. I’m assuming the II version would work too, but just lesser graphics. Definitely will follow the IIGS SNES adapter, as I’ve been trying to get a good joystick for that system for ages!
Good evening. Any chance of a colecovision version of Petscii Robots? Take care and continued success.
Is this version compatible with Macintosh and/or is a Macintosh specific version coming out
No, and no.
I have an internal Mockingboard on both my Apple IIc and Apple IIc+. I’ve confirmed the Mockingboard works correctly with Ultima. However, this game does not recognize the Mockingboard on both my systems. This is the Mockingboard made and sold by Ian Kim on apple2.net
Check the user’s manual troubleshooting section. There are some procedures listed there for Troubleshooting the mockingboard.